Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mish Mash

I'm a big fan of throwing kitchen sinks into your sketchbooks with anything and everything that catches your eye and the most left-field ideas your brain decides to spit out at you through your drawing hand.  Here are a few pages from the current one with some character designs, observational sketches, caricatures, and drawing exercises.







A few pages have fold-outs with newsprint sketches that I've added in.  So if you see any floating arrows in roughly rectangular spaces...





2 comments:

  1. These are awesome. It's good to see that this blog exists and you're working on this "project." I've been trying to bring art back into my life by participating in http://www.reddit.com/r/SketchDaily/ with limited success. It looks like you are keeping busy enough that you don't need something like that to keep you drawing, but you might find it fun anyways.

    We should catch up sometime. It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to look through some of this stuff, man. I'm going to try and update it every day, or at least a few times a week.

      I've been getting really excited at the prospect of actually doing something artistic as a career. Peter and I are in somewhat similar situations. He's thinking of just going for professional photography and I told him to damn well do it. Also, Nathan's moving to Seattle.

      And it has definitely been too long. Skype soon? Sometime this week? Shoot me a facebook message.

      Keep checking back if you can, there should be more stuff fairly often.

      Delete